0207 993 6762

Tier 1 Investor

Tier 1 Investor:

This is a high profile category for persons envisaging to make a substantial financial investment in order to settle in UK. From 2011, the UK government has adopted a incentive-based approach towards foreign investors to attract more investments in UK. Greater the amount invested, easier will be the process of settling in UK and such investors will also be allowed longer periods of leave from UK without losing their permission for settlement.

  • a UK recognised bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD awarded before your date of endorsement
  • endorsement from an authorised UK higher education institution issued at least 3 months before application
  • £945 in savings if applying from inside the UK or £1,890 if applying from outside the UK - this is to prove you can support yourself and you must have had this in your bank account for 90 days before you apply
  • English language requirement (at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening)
  • Consent from your financial sponsor (government or international scholarship agency) for your stay in UK having paid your course fees and living costs

Eligibility criteria

  • Minimum £2,000,000 investment funds
  • Minimum age – 16 years
  • The funds must belong to you or your spouse (married/unmarried)
  • The funds can be held in financial institutions or disposable to use, irrespective of the location (in UK or overseas)

Application from students with financial sponsorship:

The applicant must be:

  • a Tier 4 (General) visa holder
  • a student nurse
  • studying, writing up a thesis or re-sitting an exam
  • a postgraduate doctor or dentist
  • an overseas qualified nurse or midwife
  • a student sabbatical officer

The student is required to furnish a document citing unconditional agreement to his/her stay in the UK from the agency sponsoring his stay.

Documents to be provided:

  • a current passport or other valid travel identification
  • a passport-sized colour photograph
  • evidence of investment funds

    If it is your money,

  • Proof of amount and location of funds
  • Source of money if acquired within a period of less than 3 months before application
  • Possibility of transfer of money to UK and conversion into sterling

    If it is your partner’s money,

  • a certificate of marriage or civil partnership, or in the case of unmarried or same-sex relationships, proof that you are in a long-term (at least 2 years) relationship
  • a statement from your partner confirming that they will allow you to control the funds in the UK
  • a letter from a legal adviser stating the validity of declaration


Tier 1 (Investor) migrants will be able to invite their spouse/unmarried partner/civil partner and children under 18 years of age to join them as dependants. The dependants will enjoy full rights to work in UK.

Allowable absences

The migrants can remain out of UK for 180 days in a calendar year. Their applications for permanent settlement will be based on their investments after:

  • 2 years for £10 Million investment
  • 3 years for £ 5 million investment
  • 5 years for £1 million investment for applicants whose initial application was made prior to 06.11.2014
  • £2 million for all other applicants