0207 993 6762

Tier 4 UK Student Visa

Tier 4 – (General) Student Visa

For all those non-EEA and Switzerland migrants who want to migrate to the UK for studies, Tier 4 (General) Visa is for you. For those between 4 to 17 years and want to study in the UK can also apply for the Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa.
For all those aspiring students willing to move to the UK, here are a few points that you should consider before applying for Tier2 (General) Student Visa.


    You can apply for this Visa under these conditions.

  • You are of the age 16 years or above (if you are below 16 years of age, you can apply for Tier 4 Child Student Visa)
  • Your English is good (Writing, Listening and Speaking skills)
  • You have enrolled yourself in a course/educational programme in a institute in the UK
  • You should have enough funds to support your course and stay in the UK
  • You are not a citizen of a country that is in EEA or Switzerland
  • You pass the basic eligibility requirements


Since this is a student visa, you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the institute in UK, who is also a licensed sponsor.

Points Assessment

To be eligible for any category of this visa, you must pass the points assessment by scoring a minimum 40 points from the following criteria.

  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) by the University in the UK – 30 points
  • Maintenance Funds – 10 points


  • Valid Passport
  • Passport size colour photographs
  • Evidence that you have funds to support your course and stay in the UK
  • Tuberculosis Test Results (if it is mandatory in your country)

Time Duration

The Visa application and processing can take up to 3 months, so better start early by simply filling in our FREE VISA ASSESSMENT form.
The arrival date for your course does vary.

COURSE DURATION: Less than 6 months – 1 week prior to the beginning of the course
COURSE DURATION: More than 6 months – 1 month prior to the beginning of the course

Dos and Don’ts

Once you are eligible for the visa and have migrated to the UK, there are a few dos and don’ts that you must be aware of as a Tier 2 (General) Visa Applicant. Here are a few tips which might come handy.


  • You can study
  • You can work at a Student Union as a Student Union Sabbatical Officer
  • You can extend your stay in UK by applying for extension of visa
  • You can work, which depends on your course as well as the kind of sponsor you have
  • You can get dependents along with you


  • You can’t apply for Public Funds
  • You can’t work as a professional sportsperson or coach