0207 993 6762

UK Visitor Visa - Business

UK Visitor Visa - Business

The thriving business culture of the UK has been massive migrant puller from all over the world. Moreover, the individuals interested in doing business in the UK have been appreciated and supported by the Government of the UK. This visa category is for those people who are willing to engage in short term businesses and entrepreneurships in the UK.

To qualify under the Business Visitor Visa, there are a few requirements to be met. Here is a list for your better understanding.

Types of Business Visitor Visa

  • BUSINESS VISITOR VISA – This visa is for applicants working outside the UK, but are travelling to UK for work related activities
  • ACADEMIC VISITOR VISA – This visa is for academic visitors like researchers and academics who are engaged in some study programme abroad
  • DOCTORS AND DENTISTS – This visa id for doctors and dentists undertaking PLAB tests and other clinical attachments and observer posts.

Eligibility Part 1

You can apply for this Visa under these conditions

  • You do not belong to European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • You are 18years old or above
  • You should be receiving salary from overseas to support your stay in the UK
  • You are not in transition to another country (Except Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
  • You pass the basic eligibility requirements

Eligibility Part 2

You must be one of the following to be eligible for Business Visitor Visa

  • You should be an employee of a company office in the UK that doesn’t belong to the same group of companies as your current employer
  • You should be a business advisor
  • You should be an academic on sabbatical, doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad programme
  • You should be a doctor (or dentist) undertaking taking the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or clinical attachments/observer posts
  • You should be an overseas nurse who is qualified and is taking the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
  • You should be a member of an film crew from abroad coming in the UK for shoot
  • You should be a representative of a news media organisation from overseas
  • You should be a religious worker or volunteer
  • You should be a guide accompanying a tour group from overseas
  • You should be a driver delivering goods or transporting passengers
  • You should be a visiting faculty or a professor
  • You should be an adviser, consultant, trainer, internal auditor or trouble shooter coming to a UK branch or a member of the same group of companies as your overseas employer
  • You should be an employee of an overseas law firm which has its branches in the UK as well
  • You should be an scientist or researcher from overseas advising on an international project that's being led and held in the UK

Points Assessment

To be eligible for any category of this visa, you must pass the points assessment by scoring a minimum 70 points from the following criteria.

  • For possession of a Certificate of sponsorship– 50 points
  • English Language Ability Assessment – 10 points
  • Maintenance Funds Requirements – 10 points

To score maximum points in Maintenance, you should have funds of at least £800 in your bank account for the last 3 months before application.In other cases, your A-rated sponsor can provide you with a letter covering your maintenance requirements.


  • Valid Passport
  • Passport size colour photographs
  • Proof showing availability of funds to support your trip
  • Bank statements or payslips of the last 6 months
  • Travel details, etc

Time Duration

The processing of your visa takes up to 3 months.To simplify the process, fill in our FREE VISA ASSESSMENT form and let’s get started.

Your stay in the UK varies as follows.

  • Business Visitor – Up to 6 months
  • Academic Visitor – Up to 1 year

You can apply for long term visa if you will be regular visitor. Your maximum stay in each visit is 6 months, while your visa can last up to 10 years.

Dos and Don’ts

Once you are eligible for the visa and have migrated to the UK, there are a few dos and don’ts that you must be aware of. Here are a few tips which might come handy.


  • You can take up activities that are permitted
  • You can study in the UK for 30 days (provided it is not the main reason for your trip to the UK)
  • Your family members and dependents of academic visitors can apply for visa as well and stay up to 12 months


  • You can’t take up any second job, paid or unpaid
  • You can’t get Public Funds
  • You can’t get private medical treatment
  • You can’t marry or register a civil partnership
  • You can’t live in the UK for long periods