UK Visitor Visa - Marriage
Marriage Visitor Visa is for those individuals who intend to get married with their partner in the UK. Though this visa allows you to also register a civil partnership, it should not be confused with the UK Fiancé Visa.
Another specification of the Marriage Visitor Visa is that you intend to visit the UK only
to get married and not to settle in post marriage.
Here are a few pointers, which will guide you through Marriage Visitor Visa.
You can apply for this Visa under these conditions.
- You intend to get married in the UK
- You intend to give a notice of your marriage or civil partnership in the UK
- You do not belong to European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- You must be 18 years at least
- You pass the basic eligibility requirements
- Valid Passport
- Passport size colour photographs
- Proof showing availability of funds to support your trip
- Bank statements or pay slips of the last 6 months
- Travel details, etc.
The processing of your visa takes up to 3 months.To simplify the process, fill in our FREE VISA ASSESSMENT form and let’s get started.
Your stay in the UK varies depending on your duration. You can stay in the UK for 6 months.
Dos and Don’ts
Once you are eligible for the Marriage Visitor visa and have migrated to the UK, there are a few dos and don’ts that you must be aware of. Here are a few tips, which might come handy.
- You can marry your partner within 6 months of your arrival to the UK
- You can marry your partner in any place (licensed location)
- You can take up activities that are permitted
- You can’t take up any second job, paid or unpaid
- You are not eligible forPublic Funds
- You can’t bring in your family members along with you. They must apply individually
- You can’t carry out any kind of business activities
- You can’t take up any course in any educational institution
- You can’t live for long durations in the UK
- You can’t switch to any other visa
- You can’t get private medical treatment